Answers to your frequently asked questions
What is the application fee?There is a non-refundable $29 Application Fee. All applicants 18 years of age or older need to apply.
Do you allow pets?The rental listing will specify if pets are allowed. Minimum of a $100 non-refundable pet fee per approved pet, plus any applicable monthly pet fees depending on the type of animal. Special Consideration is given to dogs that assist tenants with special medical needs, provided medical documentation is submitted.
Do you take multiple applications?Please understand that we may receive multiple applications on our properties. The screening process starts as soon as we receive your rental application, and you may lose out if you do not provide/upload the required documentation (in the required format) with your submitted application. We process all submitted applications in order to select the most qualified applicant.
What documentation is required to apply?
Verification of Identity
Valid government issued photo identification must be presented at application submission. Acceptable forms of identification include a government issued passport, state issued driver’s license or identification card, or a United States Military ID. All applicants must provide proof of a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
Verifiable Income Verification of Income
Income must be verifiable, legitimate, and full copy sent. (DO NOT SEND SCREENSHOTS OR PHOTOS) Income must be greater than or equal than 3 times the monthly rent. Proof of income in the form of 1 months worth of recent paystubs or other income statements covering the last 6 months of income must be submitted. The total household gross income must be at least three times the amount of one month’s rent.
Applicants who hold jobs that are commission based only; base salary plus commission, tips or bonuses; are considered self-employed. Self employed applicants will need to submit the previous year’s tax returns, the previous two months personal bank statements and any other evidence of financial ability to pay.
- Pay Stubs: Primary proof of income for any W-2 employees
- Tax Returns: Primary proof of income for self-employed small business owners
- Bank Statements: Secondary documents used to corroborate pay stubs, tax returns, or Social Security benefits, would need last 2 bank statements
- Letter from Employer: Secondary documentation used with W-2 employee pay stubs
- Profit and Loss Statement: Secondary proof of income for self-employed tenants
- Social Security Benefits Statement: Primary proof of income for retirees
- Court Ordered Agreement: Primary proof of income for those collecting alimony or similar payments
What about background and credit checks?
Yes, we process a credit report, a nationwide eviction report, a nationwide criminal history background check.
- No Felony Criminal Convictions within the last 7 years (see more info below)
- No Prior Evictions within the last 3 years)
- Satisfactory rental history with current or previous landlords
- Credit score 600+ (scores below 600 may still be considered)
- Gross Monthly Income equal to least 3x the monthly rent
- No Unpaid Utilities or Utility Service in Collections
Landlords and managers who use criminal background checks as part of the tenant screening process may reject an applicant with a criminal record that shows any of the following Felony Criminal Convictions within the last 7 years:
- Conviction of crimes involving the manufacture, sale or distribution of controlled substances
- Conviction of crimes involving intentional damage of property or bodily harm
- Conviction of crimes involving solicitation or prostitution (sexual related offenses) within any period of time
How will I know if my application has been approved?
Once all the above is provided, your application will be reviewed on the next business day. Review takes approximately one to two business days, and additional information may be required upon review before a decision can be made.
If your application is not approved, you or your real estate professional will be notified, and you will receive a letter of declination.
If approved, you and your real estate professional will be notified with additional instructions, and a lease agreement sent for your review and signature.
Please understand that time is of the essence for you and the property owners’ we represent. We reserve the right to sign a lease with any approved applicant, at any time. So, it’s important that you provide all necessary information (see Application Process) immediately upon submitting your application online.
Is smoking allowed?
No Smoking, Vaping, or E-Cigarettes are allowed in any of our rental properties.
Different vaping and e-cigarette products have variety of smells that may or may not leave a clingy smell in the property and glycerin and oils with particles that are made up of chemicals, flavoring, and preservatives that may settle on surfaces attracting dirt, leaving a dirty and oily residue that is much harder to clean.
I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?We understand that sometimes roommate situations change. Please email us for additional information as this would be addressed on a case by case basis.